Thursday, July 6, 2017

Here We Go!



Hello! This is my first EVER blog post on my new blog. I wanted to use this opportunity to ease into the blogging world by explaining a little bit about what I hope to accomplish by doing this.

Three years ago I threw some things on Teachers Pay Teachers and I made a few bucks (okay, more than a few, but you get the idea). They were products I made a while back that I used in my classroom - mostly as an intervention teacher. That's where the name Interventionista came from. When I landed my dream job of teaching 3rd grade, I really didn't post very many new products. (You can read about my journey to becoming a 3rd grade classroom teacher in my about me section if you want to.) I was learning how to be a classroom teacher and, frankly, I didn't have time. However, the thought and desire to get my products out into the world has always been there.

It's been two years now and I feel I have a pretty good handle on what I'm doing - most days. There are really two reasons why I want to become a legitimate seller on TPT.

One, I am not happy with my school-given curriculum. I find myself buying resources on TPT or creating my own all the time. I want to be standards-based, and with that comes the need to match resources to standards, not just following a curriculum guide. I figure that if I'm having this frustration with my curriculum, others probably are as well and I'd like to help you out in any way I can.

Two, my husband and I have a goal to live debt-free. By the grace of God we were able to pay off my husband's student loans, but a house and a baby later, we're still working on mine and they are driving me CRAZY! I want those suckers gone!

So, there you are! I guess it's my frustration and my craziness that are driving me to this point. I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but I'd appreciate some company along the way! Follow me to see where this road takes us. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment