Monday, July 10, 2017

Get to Know You Scoot

Here's a fun one!

I think it's so important to let kids know that my classroom is unlike any other. I want my kids to WANT to be in my room, and that starts right away. That's why Get To Know You Scoot is always in my first week plans. Click HERE to get it!


I made this activity for the beginning of the year. It's a perfect activity for letting your kids get to know each other while getting up and MOOOVING around the room.

There are cards to place around the room. Students will not go to the cards in order. Instead they find a NEW partner each time. With 16 cards you can have up to 32 students participating at a time. Each card asks them to find something they have in common...

  • foods they both like
  • a subject in school they both enjoy
  • something they are both nervous about this school year

It comes with a recording sheet so you can learn about what they have in common too!

It's also a great activity for practicing quieting down right away in response to whatever signal you'll be using throughout the year. For activities like this I use my bell. If I'm not getting their attention to give new directions I use my handy dandy bell because it lets students know to go on to a new card quickly without stopping the buzz in the room. I introduce the expectations of the bell and "movement" activities (including noise level) and have students practice with Get To Know You Scoot. If I need to, I'll bring them back to the carpet to revisit expectations before continuing.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Interventionista

No comments:

Post a Comment