Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Place Value Bingo

I am super excited about this new product. I know my kiddos (and yours, too) will love it! I wanted to make an activity that's super versatile. This is something you can do with small groups up to 6 or set up a center and, with a quick demonstration, the kiddos will know how to play it - because most kids have played bingo at some point in their life.

It's Place Value Bingo!


Place Value Bingo

Ok, so this product is really 4 centers in 1. The cards can be used to play bingo when you choose to use the bingo cards. Yes - you CAN use bingo as a center. When playing bingo in centers I have my kids take turns flipping the calling card. That way everyone gets to play and you don't need a "caller".

You can also ditch the bingo cards to use the numbered ones simply as task cards in a center or as a whole-group activity. Cool, right? There are also two levels of play. You can use set 1 to practice up to 4 digits and set 2 to practice up to 6 digits.


This is where I have a little confession to make. Being a TPT seller in MN isn't the easiest because we have not adopted the CCSS for math (we have for reading, but not math). Our math standards tend to be a bit more rigorous than the CCSS, which is why the state chose not to adopt them.

Now, everything I make is to be used in my classroom, so obviously I'm going to design my products to meet our MN standards, but I also take a look at the CCSS equivalents and make sure I'm making products that meet both. There is a lot of overlap, but in some instances it gets murky. Place value is one of those instances. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see much for 3rd grade place value standards. In Minnesota, place value is taught up to the hundred thousands in 3rd grade (I even throw some millions in there while teaching because the kids love it). Do you teach place value in 3rd grade (or higher)? Comment below if you do, I really want to know!

I already knew I needed to do something for my intervention-level kiddos to help them with place value, but the standards issue solidified for me that I needed to create a product at two levels. And so, the two sets were born. Set 1 meets CCSS 2.NBT.A.1 and 2.NBT.A.3 and MN standards 2.1.1.1-2.1.1.5. Set 2 meets MN standards 3.1.1.1-3.1.1.5. This isn't to say that you only need set 1 if you live outside of Minnesota. I am sure there are some bright kids in your class that could use the enrichment!

Here's a breakdown of the skills covered:


So, there you go - two for the price of one! Get them here!

Thanks for stopping by,
-Interventionista

No comments:

Post a Comment